Dr. Shuler’s learning experiences create a “safe” place, as well as interactive and life-changing. This safe place provides an environment for honest discussion, organizational evaluation, and self-discovery allowing all to hear each other, revealing to individuals and the organization present diversity position and possible future directions in regards to implementing diversity.
Dr. Shuler will provide your organization with both a strategy and implementation guide. This document includes observations, recommendations, and guidance in execution of cultural proficiency to assist your organization in achieving its desired goal (s). Your organization will receive this document no later than two weeks after this seminar.
Interview/Seminar Topics for Diversity:
- How do you think increasing diversity will impact your present church or organizational staff and its productivity and its present market?
- Four vital issues for understanding diversity
- Why the race problem won’t go away by itself
- A biblical perspective for developing mutually beneficial cross-cultural relationships
- A better understanding of history may change our present misconceptions
- Is racial reconciliation really working? Why or why not?
- Some practical steps in fulfilling the Great Commission: How to relate to communities of color.
- The rewards of cultural/racial unity
- Transforming our theology into reality
- Making churches/organizations safe places for people of color and women
- Will you be part of the problem or part of the solution?
CULTURAL COMPETENCE DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR:
BLR helps individuals and/or organizations to experience the benefits of understanding an individual’s and/or organization’s actual (as opposed to theoretical) position on diversity, by discovering and maximizing all “people” resources for the workplace and in related products/resources. This is done through organically developing cultural proficiency.
Unlocking Cultural Competence – Your organization will take a cultural journey to increase its cultural competence by:
Developing Culturally Competent leadership:
- Increasing your organization’s cultural competence capacity
- Working with your key leaders, those possessing the ability to influence and facilitate key culturally proficient principles throughout your organization
- Equipping these key leaders to organically champion the cause of cultural proficiency
Developing Culturally Competent knowledge:
- Providing an introduction to diversity philosophy
- Identifying obstacles which may be hindering individuals and/or your organization in their/its diversity efforts
- Explaining the “Browning of America” and its present and future impact on your organization
Developing Culturally Competent skills:
- Explaining how to draw on untapped availability of quality human resources, particularly, people of color
- Identifying conscious and unconscious hindrances to achieving the highest level of diverse participative management
- Incorporating the principle that diversity/unity must simultaneously exist in the workplace for organizations achieve maximum productivity and profit
The Journey: Your organization has two different tracks from which it can choose, called Opportunity Options.
Opportunity Option A
Foundational Learning Experiences (1 learning experience day)
Unlimited Coaching (phone-initiated by client) for 6 months
Follow-Up accountability session (1 day session)
Opportunity Option B
Option A included (Option B has an initial 2-day learning experience)
Unlimited Coaching (phone-initiated by client) for 12 months
2 Follow-Up accountability sessions (2 day sessions—one per six months)
Suggested Attendees: These cultural competency learning experiences have proven most effective when organization’s CEO, President, Senior Executive Officers, Board Leadership, management staff, emerging leaders, and any other influential leaders within the organization participate. Attendees may be divided into groups.
Suggested Length of Learning Experience: These learning experiences require time to process and apply, so, Opportunity Option B is recommended for most organizations.
Diversity Coaching for Executives Available for Hourly & Monthly Rates: Call for more info.
Clarence has done doctoral work in Biblical Marriage Counseling at New Geneva Theological Seminary in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He also assists the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services with its African American Healthy Marriage Initiative. He is a member of the Coalition for Black Marriages/Families. He has been certified in Marriage Education Professional Training from the University of Bridgeport. He and Brenda are trained in Preventive and Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP).
Clarence and Brenda are members of Dennis Rainey’s FamilyLife Marriage Conference Speaker Team. They have also partnered with the Billy Graham School of Evangelism, teaching Managing Marriage/Family and Ministry (Career).
Clarence and Brenda have been featured on numerous radio programs, including Dr. Gary Chapman’s Building Relationships and in Discipleship Journal, Essence Magazine, and Black Enterprise for marriage related topics.